How To Make Sure Your Website Is Secure?
One of the most talked-about issues these days is the security of the sites we visit. The biggest sign that your site has been hacked is that the text on the site has a ransom message in place. Attackers often use this method to notify users on sites they hack. But other than this, it is difficult to be sure of the security of your site. If you don’t want to live in constant worry, you need to make sure your site is safe. So how to sure that your website is secure? Here are a few ways you can check the security of your website:
How To Make Sure Your Website Is Secure?
By Making a Focused Search
Performing a focused search is the best way to detect various security issues. You can do this easily by typing the name of your site in Google. The Google search engine will tell you if there is any sign of malware or phishing attacks on your site. As simple as it may seem, this method is actually a very useful method. Because Google technicians constantly investigate phishing attacks and hacking, and mark suspicious sites with “this site may be hacked” warnings.
Using Hosting Providers
Institutions or users usually prepare their websites by using hosting providers. In such a case, hosting providers are also affected by security problems. If your website is hacked, your web host will watch you a notification about it. But you also need to be cautious against these notifications. As legitimate as it sounds, hackers can sometimes imitate these notifications. In such a case, contact your hosting provider directly, ask about the situation. This way, you can quickly detect a hacked site. Using a reliable hosting provider or malware protection tool will help you detect dangerous activities.
Using the Tools Offered by Google
- Troubleshooter: Another tool that Google offers for hacked sites is the Troubleshooter. Using this tool, you can detect threatened parts of your website and also search for anything that might cause problems. This free tool from Google for novice users is a great start when it comes to detecting security problems. It provides you with a handy getting started guide, allowing you to easily troubleshoot problems.
- Safe Browsing: One of the tools Google offers to ensure website security is the Safe Browsing tool. This tool sends you alerts when you come across dangerous sites and software. In this way, it provides protection against malware, phishing, and social engineering attacks. By constantly scanning phishing sites and malware, it can instantly detect security problems. It uses advanced statistical models while making these searches. In this way, it catches security problems quickly and easily. It helps you solve problems instantly.
- Google Search Console: Google uses various tools to determine website security. One of these tools is Google Search Console. Search Console is a very critical tool for website administrators with security concerns. It shows statistics such as your site’s search engine rankings, click-through rates, and the number of daily visits. In addition, you can check if you are facing security issues with this tool. Google Search Console will immediately prepare your “Security Issues” report. By creating a Google account, take a look at what’s happening on your site and analyze data on security issues.
Now that we have answered the question of how you can be sure that your website is safe, it is time to ensure continuity of security.
How To Make Sure Your Website Is Secure and Then, How To Keep Your Website Safe?
1. By using our Cyber Threat Intelligence tool, you can be ready for threats in advance.
Our cyber threat intelligence tool helps protect any company against potential threats planned by hackers. Our tool collects and analyzes information about current and potential situations that could pose a risk to the safety of a company or user. In this way, it prevents data leaks and specifically protects your brand’s reputation.
2. Build a collective security awareness through Threat Sharing.
It is critical to act proactively against cyberattacks and to strengthen defense mechanisms. Our Threat Sharing tool, which we developed with this exact idea, acts as an attack or threat intelligence sharing platform. On this platform, all your employees can share their information/intelligence in order to protect the company against attacks. This way, you collect critical information about potential threat activity.